Women’s journeys through entrepreneurship in the tourism industry
Our main objective is “To understand the different pathways of women’s entrepreneurship journey in a changing tourism industry, and how different environments, agents, policies and actions influence their opportunities, motivations and challenges”.
O1. To analyse women’s pathways in tourism entrepreneurship:
– Identify and assess the different pathways that women follow, based on a post-structuralist theoretical framework.
– Evaluate the impact of intrinsic and extrinsic factors.
– Understand what is visible and invisible.
O2. To develop evidence-based policy and practice recommendations to foster women’s entrepreneurship in tourism:
– Research to identify effective policies which recognize the gendered construction of knowledge and power relationships.
– Co-produced: entrepreneurs, policy-makers, employers, educational institutions.
O3. To promote the culture of entrepreneurship among women in the tourism industry, through effective research-based dissemination:
– Analysis of women entrepreneurs’ online networking as a means to realise effective dissemination and impact.
– Communication actions to promote women’s entrepreneurship (Case Studies, Conferences, Workshops) to engage diverse agents of change (entrepreneurs, policy, education, general and professional media, etc.).